Manager, Email Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Sephora is seeking an Email Marketing Manager to lead email strategy for Sephora program by developing highly-targeted marketing and transactional email campaigns.
To be considered for this position and other roles at Sephora, please complete your candidate profile at http://sephora.jobsync.com/.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and optimize email strategies including testing, targeting, content, products, event triggers and timing.
• Gather business requirements and campaign goals from key stakeholders, including marketing, merchandising, creative, production, development, senior management, customer service and IT.
• Define and write creative briefs outlining campaign strategy requirements for creative team and developers.
• Define and write testing and segmentation scenarios for developers, circulation manager and analytics team
• Collaborate with Reporting Managers to develop reports, evaluate and present email results and marketing effectiveness (monthly, quarterly and annually).
• Manage and coach Email Marketing Associate.
• Manage monthly budgets and submit and track invoices.
• Ensure legal compliance (Can-SPAM).
• Ensure email deliverability through industry best practices and trends.
• Analyze competitive marketplace and follow online advertising and email trends.
• Collaborate on special projects and initiatives, i.e., new Sephora.com features, Beauty Insider, international expansion, mobile and promotions.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Ability to balance client experience, business needs, and resources to ensure correct prioritization
• High degree of initiative to drive projects to completion
• Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain relationships with business partners at all levels
• Ability to work extremely well across functions, successfully bringing people together toward common goals and to consensus
• Ability to manage multiple projects, people, and initiatives in parallel
• High energy and flexible in a constantly evolving team environment.
• Excels in fast-paced, high-volume and deadline-driven environment.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Detail oriented with high degree of accuracy
• Familiar with reporting and analytics to drive actions.
• Mastery of Microsoft Office
2) Minimum educational level:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
3) Minimum experience:
• 5 years of marketing experience
• 3 years of consumer-based online experience, preferably retail
Sephora is a member of Paris-based Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy Group (LVMH), which encompasses some of the most prestigious luxury brands from around the world. Sephora is currently the leading retailer of perfumes and cosmetics in the united states and the second largest in Europe. With over 91 stores in the U.S. and 400 in Europe, Sephora is continuing to expand rapidly every year. Sephora leads the retail beauty industry through its visionary retail concept, which promotes freedom, pleasure, and beauty. The leading beauty Web site, Sephora.com, offers over 265 beauty brands and 14,000 products, making it the largest and most diverse online beauty Web site on the Internet. Besides offering makeup, skincare, fragrance, hair, and bath and body products, Sephora.com also offers the latest beauty trends, tips from the experts, and an entire selection of creative gifts. Sephora's leading position in the beauty industry is attributed to its wide product assortment, its commitment to excellence in quality and customer service, and to its well-trained and dedicated employees.