- Position Type:
- 5 - 15
Company: Online Advertising Web 2.0 Start-up
Title: Marketing Manager
Position Type: Part-time
Compensation: Equity only
We are an online advertising startup focused on building next generation online and mobile advertising solutions. Our team comprises of members from Univ. of Chicago, Stanford, and Univ. of michigan & Indian Institute of Technology
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop marketing strategy, manage and clearly articulate product positioning, messaging, collateral and promotion goals and strategies.
- Conduct competitor and partner analysis, including insight into their positioning, branding, and value propositions
- Work closely with sales and product management to develop collateral and sales materials
- Plan, execute, manage and analyze marketing campaigns (online, email, direct mail etc);
- Develop messaging and positioning for company and products, including analysis of market segment focus, competitive differentiation, business definition, etc.
- Develop product and service pricing, taking into account competitive landscape and offerings
- Develop strategy to successfully communicate product features, utilize customer feedback to develop new product features that meet customer needs.
- Develop and manage product training and sales aids.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Qualified Candidates will have broad marketing / marcom experience in multiple channels
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA strongly preferred
- Experience conducting online marketing campaigns
- Experience managing and developing employees
- Should have experience in (or a strong understanding of) in eCommerce and/or online advertising industry
- Prior experience with a technology company is preferred.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross-functionally with teams such as Engineering, Sales and Product Management
- Comprehensive understanding of the marketing and product planning process.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to effectively utilize internal resources to meet project deadlines and objectives.
- Initial compensation will be equity only till stage 1 cash in-flow.
- Minimum time commitment of 20 hours per week.
Feel free to include any samples of prior work, or links to projects