- Company Name:
Hotwire.com is a leading discount travel Web site with consistently lower prices on airline tickets
, hotel rooms, rental cars
, cruises and vacation packages. Launched in 2000 with funding from six major airlines, Hotwire negotiates deep discounts from its travel suppliers to help sell their excess inventory. Hotwire is a wholly owned subsidiary of Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) and is based in San Francisco, CA. For more information, visit http://www.hotwire.com/
Day one. Step into the Hotwire offices. You'll be instantly greeted by a fun, fast-paced atmosphere. Working here, you'll be surrounded by a bright, motivated group of individuals who share a common goal--to make international and domestic travel-planning easy.
So what makes us Hotwire? Many wonderfully distinct things, including:
• Our open work environment
• People work hard, but get the opportunity to play hard outside the office
• Company-organized outings, including parties, charity events
and volunteer days
• Great travel perks
• Vibrant startup atmosphere, yet the stability of being part of Expedia, Inc.
• Opportunities to grow
• An all-inclusive, diverse culture
As you can see, it's different here. If you're the type of person who thrives on delivering solutions to develop our industry niche, as well as your future, you're landing at the right place.
Welcome. Now prepare for career take-off!
We are looking for an experienced Oracle Applications developer with solid experience in Oracle's E-Business Suite, PL/SQL and database development, to help us drive design, development, and maintenance of our internal systems. The ideal candidate must have thorough knowledge of Oracle apps technologies, such as Oracle Workflow, XML Publisher, PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle Forms Reports, and Oracle Discoverer.
Core activities will include development of technical specifications, configuration of standard applications, development of new forms and reports, development of interfaces in and out of the e-Business suite. Daily activities will also include end user support.
• Support our finance users on a daily basis
• Work closely with Business Analyst to fully understand business requirements
• Estimate required work efforts to complete assigned projects/enhancements.
• Prepare and communicate technical execution plans
• Effectively work with other teams, (e.g. DBA's, System Administrators, System Architects, etc.)
• Extensive experience as an Oracle application developer (E-Business suite)
• Thorough knowledge of Oracle Application architecture.
• Strong technical and functional knowledge of the Oracle e-Business suite of which at least 3 years experience in financial modules (AR, AP, GL, and PO).
• Release 11.5.10 Development experience.
• Proficient in application tools such as SQL, PL/SQL, Forms, Reports, XML Publisher, Discoverer, and ADI.
• Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications with an emphasis toward highly available and scalable global solutions.
• Ability to work on ad-hoc end user support request.
• Ability to work independently with limited general supervision.
• Familiarity with IS process and project life cycles
• A bachelor degree in computer
Science or equivalent.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of Oracle Work Flow is a plus
Qualified Applicants should submit their resumes here:http://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_expedia/external/gateway.do?functionName=applyFromLink&source=Craigs+List&jobPostID=58141&locale=en-us&sourceType= PREMIUM_POST_SITE &QID=
Hotwire, an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting opportunity for qualified career-motivated professionals. We provide competitive compensation, performance bonus and the chance to work with talented people in a winning, successful, and pleasant environment. We offer many premium benefits including matching 401(k), dental, medical, vision, life insurance, vacation & sick time and much more.